Are you able to commit to one day a month?
HeadWrappers is a hair loss advisory service, focusing on alternatives to wigs and practical tips around hair loss, with the aim of helping people look good and feel more confident about themselves as they undergo cancer treatment which may cause hair loss. Can you spare one day a month?
As a HeadWrapper Volunteer you will be given full training and you will be able to:-
- Provide practical support and information about coping with hair loss and hair care before, during and after treatment following any cancer diagnosis
- Provide practical tips on caring for hair and scalp before, during and after hair loss
- Provide alternatives to wearing a wig by demonstrating different types of headwear (e.g. scarves, hats, etc), including scarf tying techniques
- You will help to increase self confidence of clients experiencing hair loss by providing a supportive environment
- You will signpost to other local services and act as a gateway into Cancer Charities and support groups for those diagnosed with cancer.
Our Clients receive a free headscarf and leave a session more confident about how to cope with hair loss and hair care, they are better informed on further sources of information and support and they have learned the ability to tie their free scarf in several ways.
If you think you could deliver a HeadWrappers’ session we would love to hear from you. Please use our ‘contact us’ page